Simply a row of super bright red LEDs made to be attached directly to the top or bottom of your license plate using the same mounting holes. Connect to your brake light wires and you’re ready to wake up anyone following a little too close behind you, day or night. No rear end worries. In addition to the brake light feature of the Stopper, the Versa Light version looks the same but also functions as a running light and turn signal indicator. Clearly indicate your intentions. 7"×.75".
Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (18)
- Works like a champ - in an unexpected place!Review by Jim
- My 2010 HD Electra Glide Limited has quite a few LED add-ons already, so it wasn't my target project. I'm pretty familiar with the LED lights available through the catalog, and when I broke off the 3rd stoplight in my truck topper, I knew just where to go for a replacement. I bought the 'Stopper' LED setup, and since it's already fitted with mounting holes and bolts, all it took was 15 minutes to fabricate a new holder and bolt the unit to the interior of the topper's aluminum frame. A retrofit that looks great, and eliminates those pesky lightbulbs! (Posted on 6/12/15)
- As advertised - good productReview by Loachdvr
- Had to install this light on the bottom of the license plate because of the existing reflectors, but that was fine with me. Installation was not hard, and I wired to the existing brake light wires. Took an extra pair of hands from my wife to hold wires etc., as I was working with very little space when it came to the wire tapping. The brightness of it in the day was a little less than I expected, but at night it is well worth the extra visibility. (Posted on 5/16/12)
- Works greatReview by Charles Forrest
- Easy to install and wire on my 2008 Versys. Anything I can do to light up the rear end here in Atlanta is a good thing. Thanks! (Posted on 1/26/12)
- Just what I was looking forReview by Scotcho
- My bike needed just this light for extra visibility, since there was no other location to put a priority brake light. I agree with Michael that the wires exit the unit too high, but I drilled a small half-hole in the plate and mount and threaded the wires up. Very brilliant light, works as advertised! Thanks. (Posted on 1/2/12)
- Works just fine...Review by realoldfart
- Since 20% of motorcycle accidents involve getting hit from the rear by a car, I've had these behind safety gadgets on several motorcycles I've owned. I also have that wide Aerostich reflective tape on the back of my helmet for night riding. Ain' no such thing as being TOO safe, right?! (Posted on 12/27/11)
- works well looks niceReview by alan
installed on a triumph sprint st, just for extra rear light.
Easy to install. I also added the combination light that has a running light, brake and indicators. now its on that was overkill The stopper only would have been enough.
Wiring for both needs care and attention to install.
A install kit using the Triumph wiring fittings would be worth having (Posted on 12/5/11)
- stopper led brake liteReview by umf george
- When I hooked it up to power it was brilliant, but when I started looking at license plate and bracket on 2000 FXDC Harley, It would not fit without major drilling and messing with the flow of the fender. (Posted on 12/1/11)
- scary bright, and durableReview by el payaso
- had one on my old urban-warrior XL600 for over 2 years now. still working great, still shows up nicely even in El Paso sun, despite many hours of commuting, living outside uncovered during monsoon season, and 2 getoffs in the dirt. will be buying more for my other bikes! for $28, it's great life insurance. (Posted on 9/27/11)
- Stopper LED Brake LightReview by Steve S
- Great product! Super bright, nice quality, easy to install. Looks good, too. (Posted on 9/15/11)
- Excellent, qualityReview by Honda Rick
- Installed easily, Works well, looks great, put two on my bike adds to my visibility. (Posted on 9/7/11)
- excellent!Review by bobby
- I have had this light on 4 bikes so far. Had on person tell me that I had disappeared in the sunlight at an intersection...all he saw was this brake light...couldn't even see the stoplight where I was stopped. Prevented a crash, it did. I now use two of them. (Posted on 6/30/11)
- LED break lightReview by Podio
- I used this extra light on my VStrom. Works great. Now I tried to instal it to my R1200RT and it did not work since the same wire is used by running and break light. (Posted on 12/5/10)
- LED brake lightReview by stark
- Three years. 54,000 miles. All kinds of weather in WI. Still works great. Love it. (Posted on 4/2/10)
- Bright, visible, very good (but not perfect)Review by Michael
The light is bright and highly visible - it's an easy way to make yourself more easily seen. I like having two sets of brake lights (stock + this light) because I think a single light makes depth perception more difficult for drivers.
But: it doesn't mount to a WA license plate without having to cut away some of the plate (the wires coming out the back are too high on the light). Also, condensation collects on the inside. I returned my first one for this reason, and Aerostich sent me another - I added extra shrink wrap to the wires on the second one, and protected the back from spray from the tire, but moisture still gets in (I suspect through the hole where the wires exit the unit).
I'd buy another, because it's the only light like this that I've found, but if another company made a similar one, I'd try theirs first. (Posted on 3/26/10)
- The Versa Light was easy ...Review by Scott Kaplan
- The Versa Light was easy to install and folks following me tell me it has improved visibility of my motorcycle. However, after the first rainstorm I rode through, the lens fogged leaving condensation underneath. Not sure what the long term affects it will have, or if it can be sealed against future vapor leakage. (Posted on 5/15/09)
- Useless! You can barely s...Review by Shawn Matthew
- Useless! You can barely see it light up from 30 feet away in the daytime. Buy something else. (Posted on 11/13/08)
- Only works with negative ...Review by Larry Clapp
Only works with negative ground systems, older Triumphs with postive ground will not work.
(Posted on 7/16/08)
- Installed easily. No prob...Review by George Chandler
- Installed easily. No problems yet through all weather. Very bright, even in direct sun as best as I can tell. I plan to add a second one to my bike to increase the effect. (Posted on 9/21/07)