A new generation impact protection system for the Aerostich Transit Suit. Specially developed armor provides high comfort with extraordinary security. Maintains impact dampening abilities in both high and low impact situations. These molded pre-curved pads provide secure hip protection. 5 ½” x 7 ½”. Supernyl sleeves with hook & loop mount areas allow fitting in Dariens, Roadcrafters and AD-1s.
|More Info||Learn about our TF Impact Armor Here >>|
Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (3)
- Transit hip pads and sleevesReview by Ed
- Bought new Darien pants. Awesome pants! Wanted hip pads for them so I ordered a pair of the TF5 transit pads like I have been using in my Roadcrafter pants. Same great product. Have not crash tested these and hope I do not but have been down a little in dirt in the Roadcrafter. All is well and I like this product as it is not bulky like the original ones. Good stuff! (Posted on 3/21/14)
- added to 1 piece suitReview by Allen
- I am 6' and 180# and had these added to a decade old textile suit. Pads generously cover hip/upper outer thigh. To protect my financial investment and ensure proper placement in garment, I found Lizzy Leathers via online search to effectivley install product using sewn to suit heavy duty Velcro. (Posted on 1/25/13)
- Aerostich TF5 Transit Hip PadsReview by Thomas
- Just what my skinny hips ordered. Good fit. Good protection. (Posted on 11/27/12)
- International Orders
- Currency conversion rates are close estimates only. All sales are processed in dollars (USD) and conversions are made by card-processing banks on the actual transaction date.
- USA Only
- ECO Saver delivery times are not guaranteed.
- SURFACE and AIR delivery options are guaranteed.
|Orders||Eco Saver||Surface||Priority/3day||2 Day*||1 Day*||International Air***|
|under $ 50||$4-$8||$8-$13||$14-$19||$20-$26||$30-$36||$ 20.95-$ 60.95|
|$ 51-$ 100||$7-$12||$11-$17||$17-$23||$24-$30||$36-$42||$ 25.95-$ 80.95|
|$ 101-$ 200||N/A||$14-$19||$21-$27||$28-$36||$42-$50||$ 30.95-$ 100.95|
|$ 201-$ 400||N/A||$16-$21||$25-$31||$36-$42||$50-$58||$ 40.95-$ 120.95|
|Over $ 400||N/A||$18-$23||$29-$35||$42-$48||$56-$66||$ 60.95-$ 150.95|
- Surface transport only to US addresses.
- Eco Saver Delivery Times: 10-14 days
- *SATURDAY DELIVERY: Add $15 to 1 Day or 2 Day service.
- **Add $15 to 1 day or 2 day for Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico. (Extended area charge of $12 may apply to rural areas.)
- ***Call for international rates. Depending upon country, most charges will be between these rates. Duties and Taxes are not included in the shipping price. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.
- AFO/APO Addresses: Orders will be shipped Priority Mail.
All in-stock Aerostich products and RiderWearHouse Catalog items ordered before 2pm CST will be shipped within 2 business days. (If a specific size and color of Roadcrafter suit is not in inventory, we will notify you with an estimated delivery date. Production time varies.) All standard Aerostich items may be sent back for a refund, but the item(s) being returned must be in new condition.
Buying direct from the United States is easy and convenient. Credit cards, fax machines, direct dial telephone service, and air shipping allow easy transactions between countries. For estimates on Duty & VAT costs, visit http://www.dutycalculator.com/calculation/, a third party import duty calculator.
We do not charge or cover duties, taxes or brokerage fees. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.
Which Hip Impact Armor?
I use the smaller TF5 hip armor (7 1/2"h x 5 1/2"w), with optional sleeves in my Roadcrafter one piece. They are the easiest to manipulate my hand around to get into my pants pockets. (To reach a wallet or whatever.) And of the two versions of the larger size TF3 armor (9 3/4"h x 10"w), the curved ones with the hard shells fit and function a little better -- but the flat ones are by far the best-seller. As far as protecting your hips from impacts they're all roughly similar, with the curved hard shell and TF5 models being slightly better. So if you want bigger and better, go with the curved hard shell model. For optimum street-pant access, the TF5 model. And for effective lower-cost protection, it's the flat ones.