Wash-in re-waterproofing treatment for all breathable waterproof clothing. It saturates the stitching, fabric, and zippers making a noticeable difference. Hand or machine wash in. 10 oz.
Top Loading Machine
Front Loading Machine
Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (15)
Items 1 to 10 of 15 total
- Dry and cozy everytimeReview by greenfire6
Been rolling with Darien jacket and pants for over 25 years.
I treat the above garments once a year with TX Direct Wash-in immediately after washing with normal laundry detergent followed by hang dry. (Top or front loaders have equal performance).
Interim "washing's" are nothing more than hosing the garments down with a garden hose while they hang on a clothes line.
Dripping wet outside, dry and cozy inside during every wet ride.
BTW... I ride a Sport Touring BMW so I am a bit exposed to the elements. (Posted on 9/12/16)
- Wash-in repellant worksReview by mike
- i used this wajj-in per instructions and it revintalized the jacket with rain repellent. (Posted on 6/28/15)
- NikWaxReview by Ed
- Used a lot of this on my Roadcrafter and Darien suits. Bought the lady a new Darien outfit so we are going to wash and treat it with this product. I have never had leak problems with my Darien clothes using this product. It also keeps my Roadcrafter more water resistant than usual on long wet days in the saddle. (Posted on 6/23/15)
- Great Product!Review by John P
- Needed to revive the water repellency of my Darien pants and Goretex North Face jacket for a longer trip I took this summer. Washed both with Nikwax Tech Wash (another great product) and then with TX Direct. Had not done this to either in 12 plus years, usually just sprayed with Camp Dry with minimal results. Rode in a steady rain, sometimes heavy from Lincoln NE to Milwaukee WI and was bone dry. Could not have been happier or drier! (Posted on 1/15/15)
- Didn't work for me :-(Review by Mustangx3
- Well, washed with the Tech Wash, didn't do much to clean the suit, washed again and again until finally seemed cleaner than it was. Did the TX.Direct wash-in thing, etc. In the rain, the suit doesn't bead water and continues to leak like there's no GoreTex at all... my Roadcrafter one piece is over 22 years old and has leaked BAD for the last 4 years. Sent it in for the waterproof zipper upgrade and still leaks at zippers (and most other areas too). Guess these things do have a service life after all. Appears mine is totally just worn out for waterproofness. Sad, it was a great suit for many years. Looks like I'll be buying some GoreTex hiking shells to wear UNDER the suit this winter to fend off the rains. Sigh... (Posted on 10/19/13)
- Dry!Review by Illtyd
- This is great stuff! I have been using the Roadcrafter one piece suit since the mid eighties and discovered this great slim about eleven years ago. A friend recommended it. He swore by it so I gave it a try. I didn’t believe him until I got into a heavy rain somewhere in Ohio on Interstate 90. I was in that rain for hours and not a drop got through the suit! (Posted on 8/3/12)
- Zippers slide niceReview by Toby Z
- I enjoy how the zippers slide smoother after washing with NikWax. (Posted on 3/18/12)
- TX Direct Wash-in RepellentReview by Greg
- Have been using it once per year since I got my Darien (5 years) and have never gotten wet. Wash once w/ detergent or Tech Wash, once w/ no detergent and then once w/ 4 capsful of TX Direct. (Posted on 3/15/12)
- works great for meReview by PDX Rider
- I've been wearing aero suits x 18 yrs (first roadcrafter, then Darien) for year-round riding in the pacific NW, so I know about rain and waterproofing. Every 2-3 years I use the TX direct (whole bottle) and I've never had a leak. (Posted on 10/22/11)
- Keepin DryReview by swoody
this is a re-order
¿ why would i order more of this stuff if i got wet, after using it the 1st time ? (Posted on 10/11/11)
Items 1 to 10 of 15 total
- International Orders
- Currency conversion rates are close estimates only. All sales are processed in dollars (USD) and conversions are made by card-processing banks on the actual transaction date.
- USA Only
- ECO Saver delivery times are not guaranteed.
- SURFACE and AIR delivery options are guaranteed.
|Orders||Eco Saver||Surface||Priority/3day||2 Day*||1 Day*||International Air***|
|under $ 50||$4-$8||$8-$13||$14-$19||$20-$26||$30-$36||$ 20.95-$ 60.95|
|$ 51-$ 100||$7-$12||$11-$17||$17-$23||$24-$30||$36-$42||$ 25.95-$ 80.95|
|$ 101-$ 200||N/A||$14-$19||$21-$27||$28-$36||$42-$50||$ 30.95-$ 100.95|
|$ 201-$ 400||N/A||$16-$21||$25-$31||$36-$42||$50-$58||$ 40.95-$ 120.95|
|Over $ 400||N/A||$18-$23||$29-$35||$42-$48||$56-$66||$ 60.95-$ 150.95|
- Surface transport only to US addresses.
- *SATURDAY DELIVERY: Add $15 to 1 Day or 2 Day service.
- **Add $15 to 1 day or 2 day for Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico. (Extended area charge of $12 may apply to rural areas.)
- ***Call for international rates. Depending upon country, most charges will be between these rates. Duties and Taxes are not included in the shipping price. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.
- AFO/APO Addresses: Orders will be shipped Priority Mail.
All in-stock Aerostich products and RiderWearHouse Catalog items ordered before 2pm CST will be shipped within 2 business days. (If a specific size and color of Roadcrafter suit is not in inventory, we will notify you with an estimated delivery date. Production time varies.) All standard Aerostich items may be sent back for a refund, but the item(s) being returned must be in new condition.
Buying direct from the United States is easy and convenient. Credit cards, fax machines, direct dial telephone service, and air shipping allow easy transactions between countries. For estimates on Duty & VAT costs, visit http://www.dutycalculator.com/calculation/, a third party import duty calculator.
We do not charge or cover duties, taxes or brokerage fees. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.