The essentials for emergency repairs on the road. 15 pieces (five sliders, six stops, and one snap: four pieces). Includes instructions. Works with zippers on pre-2012 Aerotich garments. Call Customer Care for zipper repair options on new style zippers.
Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (1)
- Repair Pack Review by BMWLloyd
- Don't waste your time or money on these kits. I ordered and waited over a week to get the repair kit. when I did. the #5 pulls seemed like odds and ends. There was nothing that matched the zipper on My Road Crafter right leg zipper. I fumbled around for two days trying to get any one of the pulls to slide on properly. .... Save your time, MONEY and stress. Take it to a seamstress (Posted on 2/25/12)
- International Orders
- Currency conversion rates are close estimates only. All sales are processed in dollars (USD) and conversions are made by card-processing banks on the actual transaction date.
- USA Only
- ECO Saver delivery times are not guaranteed.
- SURFACE and AIR delivery options are guaranteed.
|Orders||Eco Saver||Surface||Priority/3day||2 Day*||1 Day*||International Air***|
|under $ 50||$4-$8||$8-$13||$14-$19||$20-$26||$30-$36||$ 20.95-$ 60.95|
|$ 51-$ 100||$7-$12||$11-$17||$17-$23||$24-$30||$36-$42||$ 25.95-$ 80.95|
|$ 101-$ 200||N/A||$14-$19||$21-$27||$28-$36||$42-$50||$ 30.95-$ 100.95|
|$ 201-$ 400||N/A||$16-$21||$25-$31||$36-$42||$50-$58||$ 40.95-$ 120.95|
|Over $ 400||N/A||$18-$23||$29-$35||$42-$48||$56-$66||$ 60.95-$ 150.95|
- Surface transport only to US addresses.
- Eco Saver Delivery Times: 10-14 days
- *SATURDAY DELIVERY: Add $15 to 1 Day or 2 Day service.
- **Add $15 to 1 day or 2 day for Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico. (Extended area charge of $12 may apply to rural areas.)
- ***Call for international rates. Depending upon country, most charges will be between these rates. Duties and Taxes are not included in the shipping price. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.
- AFO/APO Addresses: Orders will be shipped Priority Mail.
All in-stock Aerostich products and RiderWearHouse Catalog items ordered before 2pm CST will be shipped within 2 business days. (If a specific size and color of Roadcrafter suit is not in inventory, we will notify you with an estimated delivery date. Production time varies.) All standard Aerostich items may be sent back for a refund, but the item(s) being returned must be in new condition.
Buying direct from the United States is easy and convenient. Credit cards, fax machines, direct dial telephone service, and air shipping allow easy transactions between countries. For estimates on Duty & VAT costs, visit http://www.dutycalculator.com/calculation/, a third party import duty calculator.
We do not charge or cover duties, taxes or brokerage fees. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.
Modern zippers are precisely engineered micro-machines which usually work trouble free for year and years. When problems occur they are almost always caused by mis-uses like over-forcing a jammed slider, though sometimes dirt contamination, direct impacts or long wear also cause failures.
If you ride a lot it's a good idea to always carry an emergency replacement slider like this: FixnZip -- especially on day long rides and multi-day trips. Leave one of these at the bottom of any pocket and it will always be there when you (...or a riding buddy) need it.
Aerostich garments contain two different zipper types: Nylon molded-teeth with locking sliders for the main openings, pant-to-jacket connectors, and wrist gussets -- and a nylon coil style with non-locking sliders for vents and pockets. Both divide further into water-resistant and traditional styles. Most Aerostich zippers now are the water-resistant type.
These highly water-resistant zippers feature miniature gasketing systems, ultra-closely dimensioned internal tolerances, and vinyl covered knit nylon 'tapes' on either side of the zipper's teeth or coils. These specialized zippers come pre-lubricated and this lubricant should be renewed at least annually. We like this stuff: Teflon Multi-Use Lubricant because it lasts a long time, doesn't leave greasy residue, and doesn't collect dirt. Single-use lubricant packages are included with all new Aerostich garments, and are available separately here: Aerostich Single-use Zipper Lubricant
If fabric jams the slider, don't pull harder without examining the area first. Sometimes it's best to try and pull the fabric outward from the jam and other times it's better to carefully force the slider backward down the zipper.
If a zipper jams at the same place more than once, try creasing the adjacent fabric to help it ‘remember’ to stay away from the zipper’s sider better. And practice using one finger to help guide the fabric away, or pull the slider past this area with a slight upward or outward vector so the adjacent fabric is flattened away from the slider.
Aerostich toothed-zipper sliders all lock in place whenever the slider's handle is lying flat. Pulling the handle upward releases a spring-tensioned internal locking pin, allowing slider movement. If a zipper slider moves when it's not supposed to the slider’s handle is being pulled slightly upward, usually by pressure from adjacent fabric
If you have questions about zipper use, zipper repairs or anything else zipper-related, please give us a call. And if you need a replacement zipper or slider to fix any Aerostich garment, let us know and we will send at no charge.