Why a lower price now? It’s simple really. We've become more efficient. We added several new sewing machines with upgraded features and capabilities. After sewing a few covers on them, we quickly discovered making each cover took a lot less time. The new equipment was that much faster and more efficient. So, we are passing these savings along!
In addition to the new price savings, we are also introducing two new, limited-time cover color options. If they sell well enough they may become permanently available, but right now they're only going to be available for a limited time.
Small enough to take on all your road trips, these pack into a built-in self-storing pocket about the size of your hand. Overall, it’s half the size of the next smallest full-coverage cover because it’s made from a thinner, lighter fabric. The strong opaque 1.1 oz siliconized ripstop nylon is plenty tough and keeps water and dust off your bike... it’s widely used in parachutes, sailboat spinnakers, kites and skysails.
The integrated elastic cinch cord tightly snugs all covers close to your bike so it won’t blow off during a breeze, and additional grommets allow for further binding or tying down. The Aerostich label is purposefully placed at the front bottom center, right on the hem, so it’s easy to find the front of the cover.
For improving overnight security at the seediest, darkest motel parking lot, the self-storing pocket on the hem of the cover also doubles as a portable battery powered motion-detecting alarm holder, to scare the pants off of whoever wants to take a peak at what’s below.
Large size covers loaded GS1100’s, Gold Wings and other dreadnought sized machines. Medium fits all sportbikes, standards, dual sports, and sport touring bikes with smaller windshields. Small fits scooters. Seat Saver model fits all bikes, covering vital areas of instrument pod, handlebars, gas tank and seat. Black, White and Grey.
Total overall dimensions:
Large #1735 - Length 177.5" x Width 136"
Medium #1733 - Length 154.5" x Width 129.5"
Small #1738 - Length 150" x Width 120"
Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (33)
Items 1 to 20 of 33 total
- robust and convenientReview by artifactory
This cover is remarkably robust, given how thin it is. I find it easy to put on and take off - the elastic around the cover's base is very helpful in fitting it to the base of the bike. It bundles up quickly into a small bunch when you don't take the time to shrink it into its pocket, and can be quickly stuffed into a saddlebag for temp storage, taking up little room. I use a couple of bungee cords to reduce the exposure to wind, which I'd recommend.
Only caveat is the color. It's been fine parking in the city, but in less populated areas, it melts into the darkness and could be at risk of being backed into unseen. A reflective strip or LED would be good in that circumstance (with the black colored cover). (Posted on 5/24/16)
- Great cover of new bike.Review by John
I asked the desk clerk where to park my bike, she said just a minute, let me look.
There under the awning sat my MV Agusta Turismo Veloce Lusso, she said park it right here, on the sidewalk where we can see it through the window.
I walked to a nearby restaurant for supper, and upon return, the exhaust and engine were cool, so I covered the bike. My grey cover went on easily and next morning the saddlebag served as a stuff sack. Much easier than trying to find room for the cover in it's integral stuff sack in the TVL's oddly shaped saddlebags. It wasn't windy so the drawstring was sufficient to secure the cover.
I had thought to leave MV's work of art uncovered for the public to admire, but thought better of it; another might find her as tempting as me. (Posted on 2/10/16)
- Works as it shouldReview by Warren
This is the second cover I've bought. First is still going strong on my Street Triple.
These are great covers. Love how lightweight they are -- and how easy they are to put onthe bike since they are so lightweight. Only used inside, so can't comment on any type of weather safety -- but definitely the only cover I'll have for bikes moving forward
(oh, on a 2016 R1200GS. went with the large and it fits perfectly with the windscreen) (Posted on 11/2/15)
- Cover fit Review by Scott
- Used my cover this weekend and worked well. It is thin and light for sure. Much lighter than my OEM FJR cover. No way I could carry OEM on trips. Fyi for sizing. I used a medium on the FJR1300. It fit pretty well. I do have a much bigger than stock windscreen but I still think medium was the right size. (Posted on 9/9/15)
- Great Cover with LED LightReview by Zorro26632
This cover is very light and works well in high winds. I have used in any times, and most recently in my coast-to-coast US 50 ride. The only thing that is a minor issue, is the color is jet black.
One dark and foggy night in Big Sur, CA, a young lady could not see my covered Goldwing and backed into the bike with her car. Fortunately, I faced the bike outward on the service stand and it did not fall, as she pushed it more than a foot along the asphalt before realizing what was going on.
I now have attached a Nite Ize flashing red LED to the cover. it clips perfectly on the "L" label along the Aerostich tag at the bottom of the cover. Now you can see the bike at night.
I just love this cover! (Posted on 7/26/15)
- Love this cover!Review by Ken
After a great discussion with the staff, we settled on a perfect fitting cover. Side cases, no top case, windscreen, and antenna on my K1600GT Sport were considerations that led to the size Aerostich recommended.
I love the black, non-descript look, It packs up into its own incorporated (can't lose it) pouch, and as its newness wears off, it seems to pack up in smaller.
Nice product, and worth the $'s, and wait, if it's back ordered. USA made quality. (Posted on 7/1/15)
- love but what happened to the grey ones?Review by Rebecca
- What happened to the grey ones?? Please bring back!!! Perfect for the sun. Perfect for the city. The grey just just made the bike disappear. Not only protects but doesn't catch the eye so much of thieves looking to snatch up two wheelers. (Posted on 4/14/15)
- Excellent cover!!Review by Neil
- After having my cover for the last half of the season I can say that I am very pleased with the cover. Very quick on and off, packs up very small, no reason not to carry with you and baby your bike!! A little added security covering your bike, no one can see what's there. After a couple of big storms the grommets for the bungie cord proved it's worth, very handy feature. I have a 2014 BMW GS Adventure, the large size fits very nicely with all my bags, with room to stack more items on the bike if needed. Nice to peel it off in the morning and be able to hop on a dry dewless bike! A little bit of price sticker shock at first but well worth the money!! (Posted on 1/7/15)
- Great cover for my K1600 GTLReview by Dave
- I used this cover during a multi-day hard storm in Asheville, NC recently over my 2014 K1600 GTL and it performed very well. It packs easily into the self storage bag, goes on easily, and with an added short bungee cord - held on while protecting the bike, well. I am pleased with this purchase. (Posted on 8/2/14)
- Slick coverReview by Carlie
I used this cover on a recent "squigly road" trip out to Zion for a two day hike. Although I gave up on threading the stretch cord through the grommeted holes as described, I was able to just pull out the length needed to stretch it over the bike from footpeg to shift lever pretty much as shown. I discovered that, being as voluminous as it is, I was able to stack my riding gear on the bike during an overnight camping stop. This enabled me to have a decent amount of room in the one man tent I was using. It stayed put, and all my gear stayed dry, during a windy (40-50mph gusts) rainy night, and then packed up easily in a delightfully small bundle in the clever integrated pocket/pouch.
I also used it to cover the bike while it baked in the sun for two windy days while I was hiking. Nice work! (Posted on 6/11/14)
- Very Nice Cover, but would like a half cover optionReview by martimus
- Really nice cover has kept my bike dry during rainstorms while I'm roughing it in the bar or motel room. My bike is garaged when at home so I only use this cover while traveling. I chose this one because of it's compact size when packed since I'm always space challenged. That's why I'd like to see a half cover, so that it would take up even less precious space in the saddlebags when I'm on the road. (Posted on 5/5/14)
- ultra light needs a little careReview by need2boat
- The price took me a little to get over but I've sewn a bit of ultra lite gear so I know care must be given when in use. The cover I got had some ripped stitches and it will be exchanged but the Med fit my 93 K 75s with bags and tank bag just right. The seams all look double stitched and could easily be seam sealed if one needed. Regardless of the ripped stitches on the velcro pocket it's a well made product and perfect for covering the bike in the road. (Posted on 12/26/13)
- Aerostich Customer ServiceReview by customerservice
- The best way to secure these covers in windy situations is to pull the elastic draw cord in the hem tight, lock it with it's cord lock, then pull the free end over the saddle and hook it to the shift lever or brake pedal. (Shift lever if the cover is 'right side out', brake pedal if it is 'inside out'. Or if you have a very old motorcycle).. See photos at bottom of page: http://www.aerostich.com/a-to-b-utilities/storage-transport/bike-covers/aerostich-ultralight-bike-covers.html (Posted on 7/12/13)
- Not so great after all.Review by Paul
- Loved the cover so bought a second for another bike. Shortly after the purchase of the second, the first began to disintegrate. I patched with rip stop fabric but it just turned to shreds. Granted sun is intense here in DC, but I expected the fabric to hold up longer given the premium price (now $127. for a small). So I began using the newer second cover and it's exhibiting the same fabric failure. Don't think I'm going to buy a third. (Posted on 7/12/13)
- Aerostich Ultralight Bike CoverReview by Philip
I bought this cover on recommendations from some forum friends and I certainly am not disappointed.
I have a k1600GTL and this cover is perfect for it, I use to cover the bike nightly on trips and it does a fab job, packs small and does a big job. BUT!!! tie it down, securely with the grommets, I nearly lost mine on the last trip, walked to dinner and came back and it was gone, luckily it wrapped itself around a light pole 100 yards away in the middle of the street and we found it. Tie it Down!! (Posted on 7/9/13)
- Small Size, Big CoverageReview by Stacy
- I like to cover my K1600GTL during overnight hotel stays, and this ultralight shroud is just the ticket. The material dries quickly and packs into a compact bundle. A built-in shock-cord holds the cover in place. This is perfect for discouraging the curious, repelling dirt and dust, and guarding against light rain and morning dew. (Posted on 6/10/13)
- Great cover but still too smallReview by Richard
- I have a 2012 BMW K1600GTL. The cover is great. It packs easy and has its own self contained storage bag. I wish the cover was larger. I ordered a large cover but with the GTL trunk, the cover looks more like a half or 2/3'rds cover as opposed to a full cover. I just checked to see if there was an XL but not an option. The cover is expensive as far as covers go. Too bad its not a little larger. (Posted on 5/21/13)
- Excellent coverReview by mou10eer
- This is probably the best cover on the market, if your criteria includes function, durability, and weight. I've used the cover on multiple cross-country rides, on-road and off-road; and it is the standard by which others are measured. I have a collection of mid to high-end covers, and there isn't one that comes close in those three areas. No kidding. (Posted on 5/9/13)
- Medium CoverReview by stephen
- The medium size works well on a Moto Guzzi EV Touring (which has a factory windshield/fairing). Packs up much smaller than anything else I have ever had. (Posted on 3/6/13)
- Not behemoth sized enoughReview by Goldie
- I was excited to order this cover to replace the bulky Victory Vision cover I've packed on past trips. I ran out to try it on for size & sighed when it didn't quite cover my Vision. But I will use it with tie-downs since it does mostly protect the necessaries. And it is so much smaller. Hope it stands up as well as others have reported. (Posted on 2/23/13)
Items 1 to 20 of 33 total
- International Orders
- Currency conversion rates are close estimates only. All sales are processed in dollars (USD) and conversions are made by card-processing banks on the actual transaction date.
- USA Only
- ECO Saver delivery times are not guaranteed.
- SURFACE and AIR delivery options are guaranteed.
|Orders||Eco Saver||Surface||Priority/3day||2 Day*||1 Day*||International Air***|
|under $ 50||$4-$8||$8-$13||$14-$19||$20-$26||$30-$36||$ 20.95-$ 60.95|
|$ 51-$ 100||$7-$12||$11-$17||$17-$23||$24-$30||$36-$42||$ 25.95-$ 80.95|
|$ 101-$ 200||N/A||$14-$19||$21-$27||$28-$36||$42-$50||$ 30.95-$ 100.95|
|$ 201-$ 400||N/A||$16-$21||$25-$31||$36-$42||$50-$58||$ 40.95-$ 120.95|
|Over $ 400||N/A||$18-$23||$29-$35||$42-$48||$56-$66||$ 60.95-$ 150.95|
- Surface transport only to US addresses.
- Eco Saver Delivery Times: 10-14 days
- *SATURDAY DELIVERY: Add $15 to 1 Day or 2 Day service.
- **Add $15 to 1 day or 2 day for Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico. (Extended area charge of $12 may apply to rural areas.)
- ***Call for international rates. Depending upon country, most charges will be between these rates. Duties and Taxes are not included in the shipping price. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.
- AFO/APO Addresses: Orders will be shipped Priority Mail.
All in-stock Aerostich products and RiderWearHouse Catalog items ordered before 2pm CST will be shipped within 2 business days. (If a specific size and color of Roadcrafter suit is not in inventory, we will notify you with an estimated delivery date. Production time varies.) All standard Aerostich items may be sent back for a refund, but the item(s) being returned must be in new condition.
Buying direct from the United States is easy and convenient. Credit cards, fax machines, direct dial telephone service, and air shipping allow easy transactions between countries. For estimates on Duty & VAT costs, visit http://www.dutycalculator.com/calculation/, a third party import duty calculator.
We do not charge or cover duties, taxes or brokerage fees. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.
Securing For High Winds
Aerostich Ultralight Bike Covers have two neat grommets mid-way for a locking cable to be passed through beneath the middle of the motorcycle. But for fast additional security in high-wind situations, and to further-strengthen the cover's 'anti-tampering' deterrent, first pull the elastic hem drawcord tight and lock it in place with it's cord-lock. Then stretch the loose end of this cord over the saddle and down the other side of the motorcycle until you can loop over the shift lever or footrest. This will 'capture' some of the cover around the shift lever. After the cord is drawn tight around the bottom of one's motorcycle there is always enough cord left to stretch across the bike and reach the shift lever. Doing this makes the billowy cover fit tight and stops it from flapping around. The technique has kept my Aerostich Ultralight Bike Covers securely attached though some violent overnight storms with very high winds.