This is the most famous photo in motorcycling history. Rollie Free lying prone along the back spine of a borrowed Vincent HRD Black Lightning with the seat removed. The original photo was taken in 1948 from a speeding car as Free broke the land speed record by going 150 mph across the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah.
Free had developed his famous ‘whatever it takes’ riding style in an effort to minimize wind resistance. When his leathers tore in earlier runs, he discarded them and made this final winning attempt wearing only a bathing suit, shower cap and a pair of sneakers. The result was history...
The Rollie Free Framed Print is a high quality, digitally restored reproduction with a sepia tone for that extra-vintage look (frame size: 11"×14", image size: 7.5"×9.5").
Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (3)
- The ManReview by Wrongway
- What can I say, it's Rollie Free in a nice frame for the man cave! These great framed prints of the man himself were in such high demand that they went on back order. Well after quite awhile I received the print and the glass was broken, BUMMER! But not after I called and talked to customer service. No questions asked, only apologies and we will get another one out to you right away along with a prepaid return authorization! Way to go Aerostitch! Great customer service!! Thanks (Posted on 12/26/15)
- Rollie Free photpReview by sannic
My partner always wanted this picture and he just loves it.
Great customer service from Aerostitch as I am in Australia and found them a pleasure to deal with.
Arrived in perfect condition.
Thanks (Posted on 2/27/12)
- Rollie Free ForeverReview by Jody
- I have wanted this photo ever since I saw it listed on aerostich.com. I have always thought of it as a pure expression of the spirit of motorcycling. After hanging the photo, I have been surprised at how many non-riders expressed interest in it, and were eager to hear of the details behind the shot. Wikipedia is a useful source of background details on that particular photograph and on Rollie Free's career. (Posted on 9/15/11)
- International Orders
- Currency conversion rates are close estimates only. All sales are processed in dollars (USD) and conversions are made by card-processing banks on the actual transaction date.
- USA Only
- ECO Saver delivery times are not guaranteed.
- SURFACE and AIR delivery options are guaranteed.
|Orders||Eco Saver||Surface||Priority/3day||2 Day*||1 Day*||International Air***|
|under $ 50||$4-$8||$8-$13||$14-$19||$20-$26||$30-$36||$ 20.95-$ 60.95|
|$ 51-$ 100||$7-$12||$11-$17||$17-$23||$24-$30||$36-$42||$ 25.95-$ 80.95|
|$ 101-$ 200||N/A||$14-$19||$21-$27||$28-$36||$42-$50||$ 30.95-$ 100.95|
|$ 201-$ 400||N/A||$16-$21||$25-$31||$36-$42||$50-$58||$ 40.95-$ 120.95|
|Over $ 400||N/A||$18-$23||$29-$35||$42-$48||$56-$66||$ 60.95-$ 150.95|
- Surface transport only to US addresses.
- *SATURDAY DELIVERY: Add $15 to 1 Day or 2 Day service.
- **Add $15 to 1 day or 2 day for Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico. (Extended area charge of $12 may apply to rural areas.)
- ***Call for international rates. Depending upon country, most charges will be between these rates. Duties and Taxes are not included in the shipping price. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.
- AFO/APO Addresses: Orders will be shipped Priority Mail.
All in-stock Aerostich products and RiderWearHouse Catalog items ordered before 2pm CST will be shipped within 2 business days. (If a specific size and color of Roadcrafter suit is not in inventory, we will notify you with an estimated delivery date. Production time varies.) All standard Aerostich items may be sent back for a refund, but the item(s) being returned must be in new condition.
Buying direct from the United States is easy and convenient. Credit cards, fax machines, direct dial telephone service, and air shipping allow easy transactions between countries. For estimates on Duty & VAT costs, visit http://www.dutycalculator.com/calculation/, a third party import duty calculator.
We do not charge or cover duties, taxes or brokerage fees. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.