Riding into a low sun every day can drive you crazy (unless your shield is brand new and perfect). Ordinary dust and nano-scratches catching the light can be absolutely blinding, and unsafe as hell. This solution works splendidly. The visor is aerodynamically engineered and fits all helmet types that use face shields. Perfect vision and less eye fatigue is only a slight head tilt away. Never be blinded by the sun again. Comes complete with a lift kit, which allows for height adjustment and removability.
Surface Transport Only
Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (15)
- Without a Doubt - Review by Jim
- ... one of the best purchases I've made in a long while. The instructions are a bit sketchy, so I had to search online for some pictures of folks screwing it up or doing it right before I committed to gluing the pads. Right off the bat you're offered the choice of installing high/low, and trimming the plastic holders - DON'T TRIM THESE UNTIL YOU'RE POSITIVE IT'S WHAT YOU WANT! Or, you'll soon wish you hadn't. I chose the HIGH installation setup, eventually gluing the enclosed pads almost even with the top of the face shield. This placement resulted in the mounted shield sitting ~ 1.5" above my line of sight, which is ideal for me. I'm totally satisfied with the product, and will be ordering one for my wife's helmet shield as well. (Posted on 6/12/15)
- Sold on SuperVisorReview by Sam
- This is the third SuperVisor that I've had over the last 14 years. Excellent product; works just like wearing a baseball cap to keep the glare out of one's eyes. Only one of them blew off my helmet, and that was after about 4 years and 55,000 miles of use. I won't ride without one installed on my faceshield. (Posted on 11/17/12)
- supervisorReview by craig
the visor needs a couple extra attachment plastic pieces. if your helmet is treated with a protective coating, you need to scratch the helmet surface to help it glue the plastic attachment pieces. In my case, one of the four provided did not stick and it blew off.
now, I only have 3 attachement points. Without a full four points of attachement, I fear it will be sucked off at high speeds. this will especially be true if another one falls off.
without the plastic attachment pieces, the visor is of no real value.
so, a couple of extra plastic pieces would be of great help for possible "trial and error" issues.
also, a simple paper template to help determine where to scratch the protective helmet surface would be helpful. (Posted on 5/31/12)
- Wouldn't be caught without one.Review by Brodie
I've had one of these on my helmet since they first came to the market many moons ago. Good to see Rider Wearhouse carrying it in their store. It's such a simple concept I wonder why the helmet manufacturers didn't come up with it.
When you install it, give it a couple of days for the adhesive to come up to full strength just like the instructions say, don't ask me how I know. Once fully set, it will not blow off the face shield, although I haven't tried it with the optional lifters.
With it in place I have no need for tinted shields, If I desire a colored filter my rose colored shades fit the bill.
I ride behind a big windshield so the wind blast is not an issue for me. It may be a bit noisier out in the open air, just wear good fitting ear plugs.
The price is right too, it hasn't gone up in over 10 years - such a bargain.
Brodie (Posted on 1/8/12)
- Great ProductReview by Dacron
- As others have said, the SuperVisor is a critical accessory for reducing glare in bright sunlight and for coping with low sun angles. It works well for me by gluing it to an Arai Profile face shield. The glue doesn't work so well on all face shields and that might account for some of the negative comments here. My wife has an Arai RXQ helmet and I have not been able to glue the SuperVisor to her shield, despite multiple attempts to remove the coating on the shield. She isn't too happy about this because she can see the difference it makes for me, so I plan on attaching it with pop rivets this winter. An added benefit for me has been a reduction in wind noise as it seems to smooth out the airflow over the helmet. (Posted on 11/10/11)
- Great ProductReview by Greg
- Put it on my Shoei, full face helmet - easy to install - works like a champ riding into the sun early in the morning. I was hesitant to get this because of a few previous reviews but I am so glad I got it for my most recent trip. Thanks for a great product!! (Posted on 10/6/11)
- Not ImpressedReview by Randy Travelbee
- Not really impressed. I put it on just before a trip and tried it out locally for a couple of days. It's probably a good item, but not for what I had inteded. (Posted on 8/1/11)
- Terrible productReview by Rick G.
- This is a piece of junk. It won't stick to a Shoei Helmet so the guy told me I had to drill holes in the face shield. The clips are weak and loose their grip after taking it off a few times. The visor is cheap and makes your helmet look cheap. If you want a good visor then buy a dual sport helmet with a "quality" visor mounted from the factory. This is the a total piece of junk! (Posted on 4/5/11)
- BrilliantReview by FDP
- I've had this on my helmet for two years now and it's a brilliant bit of kit. I bless the people who make it every time I'm riding into the sun. (Posted on 9/24/10)
- Just the thing I was looking forReview by Steve
I was tired of baking inside my modular helmet, tired of staring into the evening sun. Too bad the bill of a ball cap wouldn't extend through my face shield.
But SuperVisor solved my problems. (Posted on 8/19/10)
- Very GoodReview by JW
- Have been using one for years. Necessary in northern states for winter riding and low sun angles. Replaced original mounting system with stick on velcro. Ordering a second one for visitors. (Posted on 3/22/10)
- very pleased with this itemReview by The Captain
- I just ordered my second Supervisor. Will not ride without one. (Posted on 2/22/10)
- Works like a charmReview by fdp
- Easy to install and performs as advertised. (Posted on 1/31/10)
- I've been riding with thi...Review by Sean Breeden
I've been riding with this visor for 2 years now and I will not go without it!
I commute on my bike every day, and the Las Vegas sun can be brutal!. This is a Life Saver! It gives me a lot of comfort and makes riding that much safer and pleasurable. (Posted on 7/28/08)
- This is the best thing ou...Review by Thomas Williams
- This is the best thing out there! Have an Arai Dual sport helmet for $17...This is wonderful invention and works so well, I never buy 'tinted' windshields any longer. Like the claim, simply tilt your head toward the rising or setting sun and voila, like putting your hand up to shield your eyes. See clear as a bell. I do Iron Butt rides and would never ride without this. Really helps reduce eye strain on long rides. Even wearing sunglasses in bright light one has to squint..not with this product. Buy one for every helmet you have. (Posted on 3/13/07)
- International Orders
- Currency conversion rates are close estimates only. All sales are processed in dollars (USD) and conversions are made by card-processing banks on the actual transaction date.
- USA Only
- ECO Saver delivery times are not guaranteed.
- SURFACE and AIR delivery options are guaranteed.
|Orders||Eco Saver||Surface||Priority/3day||2 Day*||1 Day*||International Air***|
|under $ 50||$4-$8||$8-$13||$14-$19||$20-$26||$30-$36||$ 20.95-$ 60.95|
|$ 51-$ 100||$7-$12||$11-$17||$17-$23||$24-$30||$36-$42||$ 25.95-$ 80.95|
|$ 101-$ 200||N/A||$14-$19||$21-$27||$28-$36||$42-$50||$ 30.95-$ 100.95|
|$ 201-$ 400||N/A||$16-$21||$25-$31||$36-$42||$50-$58||$ 40.95-$ 120.95|
|Over $ 400||N/A||$18-$23||$29-$35||$42-$48||$56-$66||$ 60.95-$ 150.95|
- Surface transport only to US addresses.
- Eco Saver Delivery Times: 10-14 days
- *SATURDAY DELIVERY: Add $15 to 1 Day or 2 Day service.
- **Add $15 to 1 day or 2 day for Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico. (Extended area charge of $12 may apply to rural areas.)
- ***Call for international rates. Depending upon country, most charges will be between these rates. Duties and Taxes are not included in the shipping price. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.
- AFO/APO Addresses: Orders will be shipped Priority Mail.
All in-stock Aerostich products and RiderWearHouse Catalog items ordered before 2pm CST will be shipped within 2 business days. (If a specific size and color of Roadcrafter suit is not in inventory, we will notify you with an estimated delivery date. Production time varies.) All standard Aerostich items may be sent back for a refund, but the item(s) being returned must be in new condition.
Buying direct from the United States is easy and convenient. Credit cards, fax machines, direct dial telephone service, and air shipping allow easy transactions between countries. For estimates on Duty & VAT costs, visit http://www.dutycalculator.com/calculation/, a third party import duty calculator.
We do not charge or cover duties, taxes or brokerage fees. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.