Chances are you’ve noticed the twisted, broken remains of many a plastic and aluminum discount-store folding chair abandoned or stuffed into garbage cans after rallies and events. Ah, wasteful, race-to-the bottom consumerism…You will never see The Kermit Chair suffer such an ignominious end, however, because this is the real deal, a hand-crafted piece of artistic sitz-tech that will keep your butt off the ground with unmatched elegance, ruggedness, and utility.
Constructed of beautiful oak and aluminum structural elements, with Cordura fabric, the Kermit weighs only 5 lbs. and packs into a 4"×6"×23" Cordura bag. When you are ready for your last folding chair, the Kermit Chair awaits. Blue, green, burgundy, or black.
Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (22)
Items 1 to 20 of 22 total
- Sturdy, packs small, very comfortableReview by William
This chair is well worth the price considering how sturdy and well thought out and manufactured it is. I am a big guy (260lbs) and I have had no problems with this chair. The leg extensions are a bit on the heavy side but I just leave those at home if I am trying to pack light. Without the extensions it's pretty low to the ground which makes it a little ungainly to get out of but it is very comfortable while you are in it.
(Posted on 6/13/16)
- Kermit!Review by Clyde
- I've had a Kermit chair for the last 25 years. I own several, but have my own favorite. I've got several hundred hours on my Kermit with hundreds of packings. Still the best piece of gear I've owned and has outlasted all the rest of my camping gear and several friends. It's an investment in comfort. (Posted on 4/18/16)
- Hands Down Best Camping ChairReview by MICHAEL
- Without a doubt, the most comfortable camp chair you will ever use. I wish I had purchased one years ago. Having a comfortable place to sit and enjoy the campfire, morning coffee or just relaxing this chair makes camping feel like home. Truly a staple for my motorcycle camping gear. (Posted on 3/2/15)
- Kermit chair customer serviceReview by Scott
- Aside from being the most packable/comfortable/Durable camp chair on the planet, Kermit has the BEST customer service I have come across in a long time! My wife somehow lost one of her curve's. I called to ask If I could buy a new one. One was sent at NO CHARGE!! Now if I were to loose another one I would expect to have to purchase it, but this was a nice surprise!! I would not even think about buying another one of these fine chairs, I would JUST DO IT!!!! (Posted on 1/4/13)
- Chair of AwesomenessReview by WC
- When you first see this chair, you think, "Hmmmm. Kinda spindly looking." But this chair is built solid and looks to last far, far longer than any other camp chair alternative. It packs down relatively small, but most importantly it is very comfortable. (Posted on 12/27/12)
- Deployment ReadyReview by Tom
- I took my Kermit chair on my last deployment to Iraq. It fit inside my rucksack for travel. I added the leg extensions when I needed to use it as a desk chair. Great product! (Posted on 12/10/12)
- Kermit to the rescueReview by Peter
- After about 20 years of motorcycle camping I was getting sick and tired of sitting on the ground. It's amazing how just a little elevation transforms the experience around the campsite. I finally bit the bullet and bought a Kermit. The chair packed up to a reasonable size and was exactly what I needed to get off the ground and really enjoy camping. (Posted on 10/20/12)
- IngeniousReview by Jim
- Small, lightweight, comfortable, what more could you ask for in a camping chair. A little less cost would be nice but the quality is obvious, you get what you pay for here. Aerostich sent me the wrong color, but as is the case with their customer service they made it right in a hurry. I had a trip to go on a couple days after original order was received. I had what I ordered before I left. Thank you for great customer service. (Posted on 8/27/12)
- True camping comfortReview by Tiltcylinder
- Make room in your moto camping setup for this chair. There are many 'camp' chairs available, but there are truly none like this. Sets up quickly, packs down small and the comfort level in front of the campfire beats everything else. Every time you get up, expect to return and find one of your riding buddies 'just keeping it warm' for you. A half dozen wilderness camp trips planned this year, where campsites amount to finding a clear spot in the forest, will make it worth every penny. As a bonus, it's made in the U.S.A.! (Posted on 6/20/12)
- Best of BreedReview by Scott Brady
- Fantastic, made in the USA chair that we have used on six continents. We just ordered another batch for our next expedition. Compact when stored and supremely comfortable, the Kermit has become our chair of choice. Set-up can take longer than some, but in the 4wds, we tend to just leave them assembled. Only complaint is the leg extensions, which need better retention consideration. (Posted on 4/10/12)
- Kermit Rocks!Review by Fierke
- This is the most comfortable camping chairs around! The quality is very good, the construction is very well thought out & it packs to a nice size for a bike. It is worth the price to have a comfortable place to rest your bones after a long day in the saddle! (Posted on 12/5/11)
- Expensive, but worth it..Review by Paper
Solid, comfortable, and packs down..
I never thought I'd spend this kind of money on a chair, but now I wonder why I waited so long.. Excellent!!! (Posted on 7/28/11)
- Those in the know...Review by CeSalt
- Assessing my gear, one verteran motorcycle camper said, "HEY--I like that Kermit Chair--you have the secret handshake there.." The chair is solid and easy to setup, take down, and travel with. (Posted on 10/26/10)
- ConfortableReview by Skip
- Just received the kermit chair, easy set up and confortable.not going on any trips soon so I use it in my living room- my wife hates this. (Posted on 10/13/10)
- worth the investmentReview by Hugh
- I've had one for several years, it has logged thousands of miles, mostly on river trips. I get @#%*& when I set it up, but if anyone gets a chance to sit in it It becomes a battle to get it back. Very good quality, and has held up well, to some hard use. (Posted on 9/17/10)
- Awesome!!Review by Kimberley
- Wonderful, easy to strap on my mc. Comfy beyond words......LOVE IT!! (Posted on 8/28/10)
- UnbeatableReview by Ripshod
I've been carrying one for four years now. I'd never go camping without it.
Actually the parts are made in Mexico and shipped to Tennessee where the owner does quality control and assembles the chair kit. It's well worth the investment. (Posted on 6/18/10)
- envy of the camp fireReview by bmwrider79
- I have had mine for a year now with the leg extensions. This chair is so much better than the made in china cheapos that many campers use. You sit on it like a real chair, not like in some sack where you get a back ache from. Yes they are kind of pricey but well worth every penny. Plus it is built to last a life time unlike most all other foldable chairs. (Posted on 10/14/09)
- Not every dayReview by Seamus
- I took this chair with me on a trip to Alaska a few years back. I set up camp each night and broke it down every morning. There was always a picnic table or stump to sit on and I didn't take the time to set it up once. They are easy to pack along and for rallies or extended camping (in the same campsite) they are indispensable. (Posted on 10/4/09)
- spot on piece of kit Review by timberman2004
left it for a year post purchase ...just to check
used this with bike ...with boat
brilliantly made and does what it says on the tin
being a miserable bugger when it comes to kit, and more then happy to find fault, this chair is well thought out, well made, cleverly designed, and worth it's weight
after a long hard day, a minute to assemble ...and bliss
(Posted on 10/2/09)
Items 1 to 20 of 22 total
- International Orders
- Currency conversion rates are close estimates only. All sales are processed in dollars (USD) and conversions are made by card-processing banks on the actual transaction date.
- USA Only
- ECO Saver delivery times are not guaranteed.
- SURFACE and AIR delivery options are guaranteed.
|Orders||Eco Saver||Surface||Priority/3day||2 Day*||1 Day*||International Air***|
|under $ 50||$4-$8||$8-$13||$14-$19||$20-$26||$30-$36||$ 20.95-$ 60.95|
|$ 51-$ 100||$7-$12||$11-$17||$17-$23||$24-$30||$36-$42||$ 25.95-$ 80.95|
|$ 101-$ 200||N/A||$14-$19||$21-$27||$28-$36||$42-$50||$ 30.95-$ 100.95|
|$ 201-$ 400||N/A||$16-$21||$25-$31||$36-$42||$50-$58||$ 40.95-$ 120.95|
|Over $ 400||N/A||$18-$23||$29-$35||$42-$48||$56-$66||$ 60.95-$ 150.95|
- Surface transport only to US addresses.
- *SATURDAY DELIVERY: Add $15 to 1 Day or 2 Day service.
- **Add $15 to 1 day or 2 day for Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico. (Extended area charge of $12 may apply to rural areas.)
- ***Call for international rates. Depending upon country, most charges will be between these rates. Duties and Taxes are not included in the shipping price. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.
- AFO/APO Addresses: Orders will be shipped Priority Mail.
All in-stock Aerostich products and RiderWearHouse Catalog items ordered before 2pm CST will be shipped within 2 business days. (If a specific size and color of Roadcrafter suit is not in inventory, we will notify you with an estimated delivery date. Production time varies.) All standard Aerostich items may be sent back for a refund, but the item(s) being returned must be in new condition.
Buying direct from the United States is easy and convenient. Credit cards, fax machines, direct dial telephone service, and air shipping allow easy transactions between countries. For estimates on Duty & VAT costs, visit http://www.dutycalculator.com/calculation/, a third party import duty calculator.
We do not charge or cover duties, taxes or brokerage fees. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.
Portable Chairs Are Important
Not as obvious as it might seem. These small chairs are the real key to great camping experiences. Having one along gives you much more than a good spot to park your butt no matter where you are at the end of the day. They really give you a chance to invite yourself to sit around another camper’s fire and share a few stories, gain wisdom and make some new friends. So bring your own chair (and maybe a flask?) and sit down and make some wonderful memories.
Some specifics: The Kermit chair is by far the most comfortable, beautiful type here. Over the past two decades it’s become a genuine made-in-USA American motorcycle camper classic. If you ride a touring bike and have the space, it’s still the bomb, but at five pounds it’s a bit heavy and bulky for adventurous dual-sport and sport bike rides. Of the others, I like the Mantis best. It’s nearly as comfortable as the Kermit but packs much smaller and only weighs a pound and a half. It also sets up and takes down slightly faster and easier. And for extreme ultra-light and super-compact packing, any of the others make great choices, too. Just bring one.