For those of us who own bikes that occasionally need a little bit of investigatory tinkering in the field, this is a way to get the gas tank off quickly without yanking fuel lines off of carbs or petcocks or wrestling with hose clamps. (The o-ring gas line connectors are rated ok for use on fuel injected motorcycles.) It also can make refueling your multi-fuel camping stove less of a messy chore, especially on extended trips. Has a Viton ring for dependable sealing and will withstand all types of fuel, due to its construction of high-tech nylon.
Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (4)
- good productReview by PaXman11
- I chose this product because of price, mainly. The service was excellent, installation was simple, the quality was excellent, and time will tell how durable it is. It will make the next removal of my fuel tank much simpler. (Posted on 5/15/13)
- Good results after some effortReview by Tall Paul
I ordered two of these for the fuel lines on my 2001 BMW R1100RS. They have performed pretty well for the first month or so. I really appreciate the ease of disconnecting my fuel lines without having to drain the entire fuel tank.
I had some initial struggles with the installation and I had to connect/disconnect several times while I rerouted some other cables and lines to make room. Somewhere in that process I damaged or cut one of the o-rings, resulting in a big leak. After trying to source a replacement o-ring locally, I gave up and ordered a few more as spares. With the original o-ring replaced, I was air and fuel-tight and it has been all good from here on. (Posted on 5/14/12)
- Not on yetReview by Warp Speed
- I havent had a chance to install the disconnects yet, but It would be handy to have another fitting to put on as drain line to empty the gas tank. (Posted on 12/20/11)
- both sides don't shut offReview by Bill
- These are OK but if you want the model that shuts off on both sides when disconnected you need to keep looking. They will work for many applications (Posted on 9/22/11)