This Original Transit is the same in almost every way to the updated Transit 2 design. The new and significant updates that make the Transit 2 different from the Original Transit include added underarm vent zippers, an added small pocket on the right forearm (perfect for road toll money, house keys, etc.), a hook-and-loop fold-under reflective cover over the back zipper vent for increased airflow, and a near-full circumference (270º) pant-to-jacket zipper. View the Transit 2 Jacket or Transit 2 Pants product pages for more details.
An all-new type of waterproof and breathable leather gear that outperforms traditional leathers. The Aerostich Transit Suit is made from an entirely new material - GORE-TEX® Pro Shell Leather — and provides higher levels of protection and comfort, is completely waterproof (no rain suit needed!) and wears noticeably cooler under a hot sun.
The unique built-in hide technology is a breakthrough in toughness and durability, too. An Aerostich Transit suit will last longer than normal leathers and doesn’t soak up moisture so it never gets heavy. Always dries immediately after riding through severe rain.
The suit contains a complete set of carefully fitted yet easily removable TF armor systems — elbow, shoulder, knee, hip and back pads — to provide superior impact energy absorption with less movement restriction. And the leather itself is ultra-supple, luxurious and flexible. So no matter what your local riding conditions and plans, or what the immediate climactic situation, you’ll be a lot more protected and comfortable.
Technically, the Transit’s hides contain a new, unique, proprietary solar-reflective pigment that helps the suit wear up to 30º cooler than traditional leather gear, and this same dye technology also assists in ageing resistance so it will last longer than regular leathers. Only the finest cow hides are selected for this complicated processing and tanning technology. During manufacturing, powerful water repellants are added to the hides in two stages — so it’s permanently waterproof.
The jacket’s main zipper is an all new molded-tooth waterproof type unlike any you’ve seen, and this zip increases the Transit suit’s everyday convenience and wearing functionality. Millions of micro-vents across the surface of the leather insure that during high activity the moisture on your skin will evaporate right through, even though the suit is worn fully zipped and closed, and, it’s — uh — waterproof. Did we mention that already?
The Aerostich Transit Suit is completely waterproof. Yup. Imported.
- Waterproof, Totally
- Except for scuba-diving riding under water
- Cooler in sun than regular leathers
- Supple, luxurious, top grain 1.2 mm micro-perforated and solid cowhide
- Stretch panels of leather and nylon
- Waterproof zippers
- Seven pockets, plus the usual Aerostich reflective and back vent
- Jacket zips directly to the pants
- Waterproof pant outseam coil zipper for easy use over boots
- Comfortable worn as pants (commando…), or as over pants
- All hides from formerly emotionally well-adjusted cows
Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (1)
- Fantastic Pant - Great ValueReview by Jim A.
- I bought these pants during a sale, glad that there were tall sizes available. The inseam is perfect, covering my riding boots while seated (I'm 6'4"). The special leathers they use are soft yet substantial. I rode on a cold January afternoon and was very comfortable. They are sized a little big which is fine since I can also use them as overpants. By themselves, I use suspenders to keep them up. These are going to last a long time -- and I cannot wait for them to mold to my body and riding style. Great job Aerostich! (Posted on 1/11/16)
- International Orders
- Currency conversion rates are close estimates only. All sales are processed in dollars (USD) and conversions are made by card-processing banks on the actual transaction date.
- USA Only
- ECO Saver delivery times are not guaranteed.
- SURFACE and AIR delivery options are guaranteed.
|Orders||Eco Saver||Surface||Priority/3day||2 Day*||1 Day*||International Air***|
|under $ 50||$4-$8||$8-$13||$14-$19||$20-$26||$30-$36||$ 20.95-$ 60.95|
|$ 51-$ 100||$7-$12||$11-$17||$17-$23||$24-$30||$36-$42||$ 25.95-$ 80.95|
|$ 101-$ 200||N/A||$14-$19||$21-$27||$28-$36||$42-$50||$ 30.95-$ 100.95|
|$ 201-$ 400||N/A||$16-$21||$25-$31||$36-$42||$50-$58||$ 40.95-$ 120.95|
|Over $ 400||N/A||$18-$23||$29-$35||$42-$48||$56-$66||$ 60.95-$ 150.95|
- Surface transport only to US addresses.
- *SATURDAY DELIVERY: Add $15 to 1 Day or 2 Day service.
- **Add $15 to 1 day or 2 day for Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico. (Extended area charge of $12 may apply to rural areas.)
- ***Call for international rates. Depending upon country, most charges will be between these rates. Duties and Taxes are not included in the shipping price. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.
- AFO/APO Addresses: Orders will be shipped Priority Mail.
All in-stock Aerostich products and RiderWearHouse Catalog items ordered before 2pm CST will be shipped within 2 business days. (If a specific size and color of Roadcrafter suit is not in inventory, we will notify you with an estimated delivery date. Production time varies.) All standard Aerostich items may be sent back for a refund, but the item(s) being returned must be in new condition.
Buying direct from the United States is easy and convenient. Credit cards, fax machines, direct dial telephone service, and air shipping allow easy transactions between countries. For estimates on Duty & VAT costs, visit http://www.dutycalculator.com/calculation/, a third party import duty calculator.
We do not charge or cover duties, taxes or brokerage fees. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.