Securely holds a cell phone or other handheld device with a unique spring loaded X-Grip design. Rubber coated tips hold device firm and stable. 1" ball. Min/Max device width .875"/3.25".
Customer Reviews (3)
- money well spent!!Review by team 525
- just got back from a 3000 ml trip to the Taos area, put my I-pod with weather proof case in it an worked like a charm on my GS, (Posted on 7/18/12)
- Great for a car, for a Motorcycle needs workReview by Brad
- I have been using these in both my cars for about a year. As much as I like them ( I did buy two) I wouldn't use one on my motorcycle without some tweaking. I've hit big enough bumps to dislodge my iPhone from the mount. Obviously in a car it's no big deal if it falls on a carpeted floor, on a motorcycle ??? If I did use one on a bike I would secure it with something, maybe a heavy duty rubber band. Great product with a bit of fiddling. (Posted on 6/26/12)
- Use any case you wantReview by BigLittleIan
Most mounts for smartphones require you to take the phone out of the case... a real hassle. This little sucker will adapt to any case and hold on tight. The nubs are a firm sticky rubber that grab other rubbery and plastic surfaces very tightly.
I haven't tried mounting it to a paint shaker, but I'll bet it would hold. Got it mounted on my bike, and it's very sturdy. Haven't seen any shifting or movement.
Mounting it horizontally is the safest orientation, since the nubs cradle it from underneath, rather than just 'grasping' it if vertical. Also, the flatter you mount it (i.e. the device's face is parallel to the ground) the better it will hold. Common sense really.
(Posted on 6/15/12)