These helmet speakers pack a punch. A low, low-down in your bones punch. At only .5"×1.8", will fit any helmet and will improve the sound of whatever you’ve been listening to. A revolution in helmet audio technology. Comes with integrated hook & loop patches and detachable 25" connector cable with volume control. 3.5mm 1/8" headphone jack.
Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (22)
Items 1 to 20 of 22 total
- Pass on this setReview by Conrad
- Had to send them back after two days of use. The sound quality was fair at low volume and awful at medium to high volume. Very bad distortion at higher volume. Recommend you pass on this set. (Posted on 7/31/15)
- Not even close!!!!!!Review by Stephen
- We purchased these for a road trip and they broke immediately. The headphones are no where near thin enough to be attached in the ear wells of your helmet. The wires to the connection are different lengths. One is much shorter than the other. The short one ripped out almost immediately while trying to install. I sent them back with hopes of recovering $60 for this terrible product. Hope this helps (Posted on 8/7/13)
- Wires do eventually wear outReview by Jason
- Unfortunately, the issue of the wires pulling out and eventually rendering one channel or another silent is endemic to almost all wired headphones. Mine have lasted about two years. Going to look into bluetooth now. (Posted on 10/25/12)
- 3D Base Helmet Speaker reviewReview by Jeffrey
- On the third day trip usage they suffered the same problem as other experienced, wind wiped wire apparently broke or pulled loose so connection was lost and they quite working. Wiggling the wire causes the sound to come and go. (Posted on 9/10/12)
- Premature silenceReview by Gary B
- Two costly for only 10 day's use. Apparently the wind whips the small wire around and breaks continuity. Did not last a full two week trip. Was able to bend the wire back on itself and tape it to make the speakers work for a time but the wire broke again near the plug, so I gave up and stopped at Walmart for some cheap earbuds. The speakers now rest in a drawer with things I don't know what to do with but too expensive to throw away. (Posted on 8/26/12)
- I Like'em! Whats the fussReview by James
- Bought a pair almost 2 years ago. Used in Nolan 102 and replacement 103, with iPod Clickwheel, now Shuffle. Sensitive enough to stop using amplifier, even with Cardo G4 speakers on top. Liked em so much just replaced the set in my wife's helmet with the same. Could they be louder? Of course but I still like to here whats going on around me. Like the volume control just below the helmet. No problems from my end.(1984 BMW R80T) (Posted on 7/24/12)
- helmet speakers 2nd setReview by Daniel K
- just wanted to thanxs again for shipping the 2nd pair to me after the first pair got stollen off of my frt door steps they work great thanxs for great service and great serivce reps (Posted on 3/2/12)
- Eh..Review by buellucifer
- They worked for about a week, then one speaker would or both would if I held them in a certain position.Soon a became a great moveable yoga instructor while I tried to listen to some tunes.. (Posted on 1/28/12)
- Decent Helmet Speakers for the PriceReview by DukeRyder
- So, I got a pair of these at a discount recently despite some of the less than stellar reviews here. I've been riding for years and this is my first set of helmet speakers ever. I decided to test these out because I have integrated helmet speakers in my Ski Helmet and love skiing and listening to my iPod. With these speakers mounted inside a Scorpion EXO-700 you can't hear the Music when riding over 60 mph on a naked bike. I think it might be OK if you have a bike with a windscreen. You won't have to worry about these making you go deaf! (Posted on 3/23/11)
- The good and the badReview by Mark
- Sound great when they work, have had two pairs and both suffered premature failure. Suspect the wiring not the speakers as the problem. (Posted on 11/26/10)
- Stay away from theseReview by Mc1hd
- Have had two sets at this point and both suffered from the same problem. The wiring goes south and will only play through one speaker at a time. Wiggle the plug in jack and sound goes right to left channel but not both at the same time. (Posted on 11/26/10)
- Still going strong....Review by 990 Adventure Rider
I bought a set of these 2 years ago, since then I have logged over 11,000 miles and these have always been on. I use the Boostaroo amp to help drive them from my MP3 player.
I find that these work very well, you will not be able to listen to an audio book and hear every word crystal clear, but I can enjoy my favorite albums and have the piece of mind that I can still hear my bike and what's going on around me.
Thickness of the speaker was an issue so I had to shave some foam from my cheek/ear pads in my XD so they wouldn't rub on my ears.
I have been very happy with them and will buy another set if and when my first set wear out. (Posted on 7/16/10)
- Aerostich Customer ServiceReview by customerservice
- This item has been available for several years. Last year about 7% of these helmet speakers were returned. Returns don't all involve a defective function. The return rate here indicates that although there have been several problems, many have been satisfied. Aerostich products may be returned for a full - no questions- refund within 30 days of purchase. Aerostich Customer Service. (Posted on 6/25/10)
- Should have read the reviews first...Review by dk9567
- Wish I would have ordered on-line and then I could have read the reviews - AND NOT ORDERED! What all the other disappointed buyers said is true. (Posted on 6/24/10)
- Good audio, but wears out fast!Review by Jason B.
These are very nice speakers, with a good universal installation option - the backs of each speaker has the stiff velcro, and sticks easily to any soft helmet interior.
The sound quality is very good, and volume should be no issue on any bike with actual mufflers. (you straight-pipe guys, well, you're on your own but you knew that dincha?)
The problem comes from all the other stuff associated with the speakers. The velcro on the back of the speaker that holds firmly to the fabric interior of the helmet will rip away from the speaker eventually. The connector wire that has the volume rheostat is cheaply made, and stopped working within about 2 weeks. (Got a 7 dollar replacement at Radio Shack that has lasted a year.) Finally, the pads that fit around the speakers will tear.
For 57 dollars, I expected a slightly more robust product. What I got was quality helmet speakers whose ancillary parts (pads, velcro, volume knob) are all complete trash. (Posted on 10/16/09)
- The last two sets of helm...Review by Steve Brown
- The last two sets of helmet speakers I have purchased here have had wire failures within 6 months while the ones I purchased 6 years ago are still going strong. Go figure! (Posted on 7/29/08)
- I purchased these speaker...Review by Dale Marcus
- I purchased these speakers at first I found them to be much better than the sony headphones I cut apart and stuffed in the speaker pockets in my helmet. I was using a standard Boostaroo to get the audio past my ear plugs, but it just didn't have the boost I needed. I upgraded to the new boostaroo revolution and I the sound quality from the speakers went right into the toilet. I am going to move them to my back up helmet and go to a nice set of ear speakers. Disappointed in the performance based on price paid. Not valued added. (Posted on 7/11/08)
- I tried these speakers an...Review by Charles Adams
- I tried these speakers and found them to be weak to the point of being useless. There is no way they would overcome road noise and or earplugs. They are basically Sony walkman headphones without the head bracket. turned up to full volume they sounded like a mouse getting its tail twisted to me. Useless... Don't waste your money. (Posted on 4/22/08)
- Replaced the "disappointi...Review by Jimmy Williams
Replaced the "disappointing" Chatterbox helmet speakers with these and the difference is amazing.
I love my Chatterbox but...... they should be using these instead of the "cheap", low quality speakers they furnish with the headset. (Posted on 4/11/08)
- I must have gotten a defe...Review by jeffrey meleg
- I must have gotten a defective pair. I have a set of Chatterbox speakers in my helmet. I thought they sounded a bit "tinny", so when my Girlfriend wanted helmet speakers I bought these for her because of the better bass response. Totally dissappointing. They warble badly when there is any bass in the music. and the sound is very anemic, even with a post amp. overall they seem cheap (not inexpensive though), weak, and distort anything played through them. (Posted on 2/5/08)
Items 1 to 20 of 22 total
- International Orders
- Currency conversion rates are close estimates only. All sales are processed in dollars (USD) and conversions are made by card-processing banks on the actual transaction date.
- USA Only
- ECO Saver delivery times are not guaranteed.
- SURFACE and AIR delivery options are guaranteed.
|Orders||Eco Saver||Surface||Priority/3day||2 Day*||1 Day*||International Air***|
|under $ 50||$4-$8||$8-$13||$14-$19||$20-$26||$30-$36||$ 20.95-$ 60.95|
|$ 51-$ 100||$7-$12||$11-$17||$17-$23||$24-$30||$36-$42||$ 25.95-$ 80.95|
|$ 101-$ 200||N/A||$14-$19||$21-$27||$28-$36||$42-$50||$ 30.95-$ 100.95|
|$ 201-$ 400||N/A||$16-$21||$25-$31||$36-$42||$50-$58||$ 40.95-$ 120.95|
|Over $ 400||N/A||$18-$23||$29-$35||$42-$48||$56-$66||$ 60.95-$ 150.95|
- Surface transport only to US addresses.
- *SATURDAY DELIVERY: Add $15 to 1 Day or 2 Day service.
- **Add $15 to 1 day or 2 day for Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico. (Extended area charge of $12 may apply to rural areas.)
- ***Call for international rates. Depending upon country, most charges will be between these rates. Duties and Taxes are not included in the shipping price. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.
- AFO/APO Addresses: Orders will be shipped Priority Mail.
All in-stock Aerostich products and RiderWearHouse Catalog items ordered before 2pm CST will be shipped within 2 business days. (If a specific size and color of Roadcrafter suit is not in inventory, we will notify you with an estimated delivery date. Production time varies.) All standard Aerostich items may be sent back for a refund, but the item(s) being returned must be in new condition.
Buying direct from the United States is easy and convenient. Credit cards, fax machines, direct dial telephone service, and air shipping allow easy transactions between countries. For estimates on Duty & VAT costs, visit http://www.dutycalculator.com/calculation/, a third party import duty calculator.
We do not charge or cover duties, taxes or brokerage fees. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.