Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (4)
- Works Great - but not with Kisan Signalminder installedReview by William
2002 R1150GS. Installed this on my GS wired to my turn signal cancel switch as per the instructions. Checked operation before buttoning everything up. All good touching the yellow wire to the negative battery terminal to get the ground pulse to operate the switch. Indicator LED went from red to green, driving lights came on. Put everything together, used a positap to make the connection to the turn signal cancel switch wire in the fuse/relay box. Test again and it would not work. Thinking I damaged something and not wanting to wait for Autoswitch Tech support to respond, I ordered another one from Aerostich.
Bench tested the new one with a power source and a Fluke DMM and found proper function.Replaced the old with the new and it did not work. The last resort was to replace the Kisan Signalminder with the OEM turn signal flasher. Voila! Proper operation. Bench tested the first Autoswitch and verified proper operation--- so now I have a spare.
In short, if you have the Signalminder and want to use the Autoswitch AS7, you will have to make a choice.
I have not tested operation when wired to the high beam switch, but I suspect it would work properly in that configuration even with the Signalminder installed. I may do that since I miss the Signalminder.
(Posted on 9/28/16)
- Excellent Switch Solution for Auxiliary LightsReview by skyking96w
- I have an earlier model of the Autoswitch on another bike, a BMW cruiser. When I bought a used set of driving lights from a friend on a forum, he sent me the Autoswitch and the instruction sheet. I loved the fact that I did not have to cobble up a switch assembly to mount on my handle bars, and quickly got used to pressing the turn signal cancel switch to turn the lights on and off. And the LED that told me if the lights were on or not was a nice touch. When I found an affordable set of HID lights for my RT, it was a no-brainer to get another Autoswitch. Installation was pretty easy, and it works like a charm. (Posted on 4/2/12)
- Driving light heavenReview by Tiltcylinder
- This is simply the best way to operate an auxilliary light set. Once installed, it works great and will drive your local dealer crazy. "Your driving lights have come on by themselves... and we can't find a switch anywhere". I love not having to add another switch to the bars. Installation is simple, straightforward and the unit is very small making it an easy fit in tight fairing spaces like my Buell XB12XT and KLR650. Can't recommend this highly enough. (Posted on 1/28/12)
- The Switch of all SwitchesReview by Brian
- I was looking for a switch to control a new set of driving lights on my '09 V-Star. Really didn't want to add a bulky switch on my handlebar nor did I want to have to drill to install an automotive switch. That's when I stumbled across this switch. A little skeptical, I decided to give it a try. Let me tell you, this is the ticket!!! Tied in to my high beam, all I have to do is flip to High beam twice and the driving lights come on. They will stay on until you repeat the process again (Whether on high or low beam) There is a small LED that I zip tied to a cable at the neck of the bike that will let you know the status of the lights. Away from the product,Customer Service at this site is top notch!!! (Posted on 10/10/11)