A wonderful make-you-smile book by an engaging mechanic/philosopher/storyteller who, after many years of working in various office situations, started a one-man motorcycle repair and restoration business. For years the author was a PhD ‘knowledge worker’, busily writing expert papers and analyzing proposals. Then one day he stopped doing that to take up wrenching on old motorbikes. Could he make it economically and emotionally? Mechanically?
This is someone who’s thought hard about how the world’s continuing expansion of white-collar work has been changing people and society. His book is a page-turning storyteller’s tale, saturated with examples of motorcycle repairs and learning experiences which elucidate important ideas about the value of real quantifiable work and how it relates to better personal, financial and emotional security. It’s an extremely thought-provoking story with a wonderful bunch of moto-anecdotes. By Matthew B. Crawford. Softbound, 6"×8.5", 246 pp., b/w illus.
Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (2)
- soon to be classicReview by youngster
- great read! (Posted on 3/20/12)
- excellent bookReview by Gilli
Hi,Everything you say it is in your review and really, much, much more...very thought provoking on the wider world and I want to read it again after only a month since the first reading...different title in England and France and Germany....first rate.. of course
each will enjoy on a different level, but there are so many levels that most will find a lot to enjoy..beautifully and accessibly written...David G (Posted on 7/4/10)
- International Orders
- Currency conversion rates are close estimates only. All sales are processed in dollars (USD) and conversions are made by card-processing banks on the actual transaction date.
- USA Only
- ECO Saver delivery times are not guaranteed.
- SURFACE and AIR delivery options are guaranteed.
|Orders||Eco Saver||Surface||Priority/3day||2 Day*||1 Day*||International Air***|
|under $ 50||$4-$8||$8-$13||$14-$19||$20-$26||$30-$36||$ 20.95-$ 60.95|
|$ 51-$ 100||$7-$12||$11-$17||$17-$23||$24-$30||$36-$42||$ 25.95-$ 80.95|
|$ 101-$ 200||N/A||$14-$19||$21-$27||$28-$36||$42-$50||$ 30.95-$ 100.95|
|$ 201-$ 400||N/A||$16-$21||$25-$31||$36-$42||$50-$58||$ 40.95-$ 120.95|
|Over $ 400||N/A||$18-$23||$29-$35||$42-$48||$56-$66||$ 60.95-$ 150.95|
- Surface transport only to US addresses.
- *SATURDAY DELIVERY: Add $15 to 1 Day or 2 Day service.
- **Add $15 to 1 day or 2 day for Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico. (Extended area charge of $12 may apply to rural areas.)
- ***Call for international rates. Depending upon country, most charges will be between these rates. Duties and Taxes are not included in the shipping price. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.
- AFO/APO Addresses: Orders will be shipped Priority Mail.
All in-stock Aerostich products and RiderWearHouse Catalog items ordered before 2pm CST will be shipped within 2 business days. (If a specific size and color of Roadcrafter suit is not in inventory, we will notify you with an estimated delivery date. Production time varies.) All standard Aerostich items may be sent back for a refund, but the item(s) being returned must be in new condition.
Buying direct from the United States is easy and convenient. Credit cards, fax machines, direct dial telephone service, and air shipping allow easy transactions between countries. For estimates on Duty & VAT costs, visit http://www.dutycalculator.com/calculation/, a third party import duty calculator.
We do not charge or cover duties, taxes or brokerage fees. FedEx may charge brokerage fees for some countries. You will be responsible for these charges.