The most versatile and comfortable of all high performance natural fibers. This soft, thin balaclava is beautifully made and it feels incredible against your skin. Wicks moisture to keep your skin dryer and warmer than you’d expect from something so lightweight. Silk fibers are stronger than steel and will give you years of wear. Machine wash/tumble dry or hand wash and hang dry. One size fits all. Black.
Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (6)
- Works WellReview by Jim
I ride as close to year round as possible, and with winter approaching I needed a way to keep my neck warm as well as ease some chaffing on the neck from a tight collar; the balaclava does the job well, having used it down to about 20 degrees and snowing.
Pro: Works, economical, helmet slides on easy.
Con: Needs to be a bit tighter weave, an extra couple inches length would be great.
I'd definitely recommend this. Also, I live in South Dakota so I know what cold is! (Posted on 11/11/13)
- Silk balaclaveReview by Harvey
- Great product. Only draw back when compared to the power dry balaclava is that it is not as strecthable. Nonetheless, the silk is very nice and comfortable and in every way, equaivalent to the power dry balaclava. Highly recommended as well. (Posted on 8/9/12)
- Nice...Review by jbhawley
- For some reason I though the silk would be satin soft. Its not. The silk is a bit rough but not abrasive. However, it fits nice, keeps my head-face warm and fits well under my helmet. The color in the pic is a bit misleading. Mine is very navy blue almost black. Well worth the 15$ and better than the man-made material (polyester) balaclava that others sell. I am bald and notice no ill effects of the seam on my naked noggin' as I do with other brands. Plus makes putting the helmet on/off easier as the lid just slides on with ease. (Posted on 4/3/12)
- Silk balaclava - it fits my FAT head!Review by LeRoy
- I got this a couple of weeks ago. I saw the review that said it doesn't fit / stretch, but I figured I would gamble on it anyway. I have a BIG head! 73/4 or so, and it is hard to find anything that will cover my bean! I have no problem with this silk balaclava - it fits just fine. I wish the polyester/rayon one that I have was as easy to get on and as comfortable. I like it, and I recommend it! (Posted on 1/6/12)
- Awesome comfort!Review by advcruiser
- WOW! So thin it doesn't affect the fit of your helmet, but the silk cuts the intrusion of cold air around your face & head. Not sure if this is designed for sustained below freezing rides, but anything less than a couple hours it can't be beat. Folds up about like your handkerchief when you finish the ride. I ALWAYS have one available within arms reach on my GS. (Posted on 1/1/12)
- Material - awesome. This...Review by Camilo Santana
Material - awesome.
This thing breathes easy, doesn't mess up your hair as much as the others going off and on and crumples easily in a pocket or bag.
The reasons I didn't give it five stars though is.
1 - size, this thing don't stretch ... so the whole "one size fits all" doesn't apply. If you wear larger than a M helmet, figure this thing wont fit right (sits too high on your face)
2. Centre stitch. I know the centre stitch wont ever give out ... because it's monstrously thick compared to the rest of the product. Expect a temporary "gash" tattoo on your forehead and nose 'cause the stitching is majorly thick
3. Size ... again ... yeah, it's that annoying. This would be my fav liner if it wasn't so small. (Posted on 2/22/08)