These tough, semi-rigid containers keep your load low and secure. Extremely handy for day-to-day use with or without a tank bag, they fit a variety of unfaired motorcycles. Detailed for a sleek look and functional design, and a great value for the price. Constructed of tough, water resistant urethane coated 1000 Denier Cordura nylon with an adjustable mounting system: two padded, two-inch wide, hook & loop closed webbing straps plus two adjustable bungee shock cords. Hook & loop attached neoprene tank pads protect your paint and eliminate slippage. Removable plastic inserts shape and define both of the bags. The panniers also feature two pockets along the rear panels for small items like pencils and a tire gage, several 1" web straps for attaching additional items, and 3M Scotchlite reflective material on the front and outside panels. Specify Black or Hi-Viz. Standard (12"×9"×5", 8.8 Liter, each) or Competition (12"×7.5"×4.5", 6.6 Liter, each). USA.Saddlebag Comparison Chart
Share Your Review
Share your comments and experience with Aerostich products. Please login (click here) to the Aerostich web site (logging-in is required to post a review). All reviews are screened before posting.
If you have comments about product selections, pricing, ordering, delivery, business policies or other customer service issues, please do not use a product review. Instead, directly for a resolution.
Customer Reviews (41)
- Finally some tank bags that work on my KLR IMS tankReview by Joseph
Great set of bags for my 2001 KLR with oversized IMS tank. Fit perfectly, with out blocking my legs, but do work well for blocking a little wind. Love the Hi-Viz color.
(Posted on 1/4/16)
- Competition Tank PanniersReview by Tom
I have had the black (yellow wasn't available then) Competition Tank Panniers for a very long time! They fit my KLR perfectly, and add some wind protection. They aren't waterproof, so I either use Zip-Loc bags, or only store stuff in them that can stand getting damp.
Overall, I LOVE them! I just wish they were hi-viz!!! (Posted on 9/29/14)
- Tank PanniersReview by Colin
- I bought these Panniers for my 2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo. They fit well,the straps closer to the rider did not want to go perpendicular with the gas tank. let the straps go the way they wants to on an angle up and over the gas cover. The configuration of the tank dictates this. After securing the lower straps they hold there position well. (Posted on 6/27/14)
- Tank PanniersReview by Hal
- I have had the tank panniers on two bikes. I like that they carry weight low and forward, and that they shield my shins from the wind and rain. (Posted on 2/15/14)
- Extremely Functional Tank PanniersReview by Zorro
- Bought the full size black set of panniers several years ago, when they were on sale, plus a discount on shipping cost. A truly wise investment. They are now standard, necessary riding equipment on the BMW R65. They are easy to load with the plastic inserts holding their shape. Now I put the heavier camping gear and air pump, tools, and parts into black plastic bags, just for extra rain protection. Keeps a heavy load low and forward, which has improved bike handling. The wind protection in colder weather improves leg warmth and drier legs while driving in rain. The bags are easy to put on and remove. The Velcro straps that span the tank clear the gas cap. My tank bag sits very nicely above, with its' own pockets, so I don't have to ride with anything in the pockets of my riding clothes. (Posted on 2/14/14)
- Areostitch Tank PanniersReview by Duane
- These panniers (in my opinion) are very nice. I use them on a DR650 w/aftermarket large tank. These bags have a wide range of adjustability. Took me a bit to get the fit I desired and while on a 10 Colorado (mostly off road) excursion, no real rain, but river crossings were involved, these worked great. Didn't move a bit (crashed once too, during a river crossing). I have long legs and while seated for a period of time, I slid back in on the seat, but small compromise for all the plusses the added for me. Wind protection, and I rode in some sort of cold (35ish later in the days). Though not water proof, I plastic bag my contents anyway, they held enough to help out a lot. very good product. (Posted on 1/19/14)
- Aerostich Tank PanniersReview by Tim
- Ordered the Tank Panniers to install on my R1200GSLC. They fit very well with some adjusting. The bags do not move at all and offer more wind protection. A great addition for more storage space. Very happy with the product. (Posted on 10/9/13)
- Non standard applicationReview by Austin
- I used these panniers and attached them to the front side of the bag guards on my BMW R1200RT. They were the exact size to fit inside the opening. Mounting took a bit of 'engineering' but they mount securely and provide additional storage for water bottles, covers, first aid kits, etc. They functional well, don't get in the road of the driver and keep additional weight low on the bike (Posted on 9/3/13)
- Skookum bagsReview by Brian
In the Chinook trading language here in the Pacific Northwest, skookum means strong and good.
That fits the Aerostitch tank panniers. Their simplicity makes them very practical in use and appearance. What a breath of fresh air to have a product that is totally utilitarian without the clutter of goofy graphics and busy, unnecessary pockets, straps, etc.
What you get with the standard panniers are huge cargo areas each side that keep touring weight low and forward. Water, fuel, tools, parts, camp stove, etc. Not only does it keep touring handling to a naked bike feel, but it takes lots of weight stress off the rear sub-frame of my venerable BMW R60/6. In position, these bags hold firmly, resting against the tank sides on large sheets of dense, black foam rubber and secured at the bottom by adjustable, fabric bungi cords.
I had some question as to whether the panniers would hang down to the airhead cylinders and whether they would give enough room for my knees, for a six-footer. The over-the-tank two straps are extra long, but in my case I had to take up most of the slack via the Velcro adjustments and the panniers are well above the cylinders and forward of my knees. I could cut off the excess strap ends, and they are cross-sewed every inch for that purpose, but I wish to retain future options for use on other machines, or for the use by friends.
The construction and material quality is outstanding. These panniers are evidence of what a small, dedicated group of people can accomplish when allowed to do what is right. These are well engineered and thought out.
You could find cheaper tank panniers, but for the cost of lunch you can have what to me seems to be the best. These bags are the black standard size, better than the "competition" size for touring. If you were "uncool before uncool was cool" then these bags are you. They give my R60/6 a nerdly, mule look. El Rodento is now ready for the deserts of Southeast Oregon, if only the man will give me some time off!
(Posted on 8/19/13)
- Water Proof Covers and/or Drain Holes Review by James
Very durable and handy bags.
Since they are not waterproof, might I suggest optional waterproof covers or drain holes (grommets) on the bottom of the bags? (Posted on 6/15/13)
- Panniers not up to snuffReview by Sandy
- I returned these panniers. They did not fit on on my F800, and, even if they had fit, they would not have allowed for a tank bag. While they appeared to be weather resistant, they weren't waterproof. (Posted on 3/8/13)
- Tank PanniersReview by Zorro
- To new to write a road test. These panniers are a much greater quality than a previous set that went with a sold motorcycle. Just the fact that there are instructions to treat the bags with products that will increase their longevity is a nice touch. Appears to be a well thought out suspension system with soft materials that will come in contact with the motorcycles' tank. Plus they will be helpful in diverting cold wind and rain. (Posted on 2/27/13)
- Nice bagsReview by JohnnyC
- I use these bags on a Gold Wing because I saw another GW rider with them. They rest on the passenger floorboards and are bungeed in-place with the straps going over the seat. Nice bags for certain. The straps on the seat don't bother me. They provide storage for lots of stuff on long-distance rides. One minor negative is it is hard as hell to open the zippers one-handed - as in on-the-road to get out snacks. (Posted on 1/4/13)
- Tank PanniersReview by Greg
- This is my third pair. My first two are the larger size. I am now trying the "sport" size. A great way to increase carrying capacity and VERY well made. (Posted on 12/26/12)
- Great Birthday Present!Review by Barbara
- These bags were ordered as a surprize bithday present for my husband and he loved them! His old ones were faded and the stitching was starting to dry-rot in places after four years of use in all kinds of weather. He has them on his bike (over the tank of a yellow BMW GS-1200) and is a happy man! For those who have never used this product line...they are made very well and are easy to attach with the bungee straps. They are roomy enough to fit his tools, GPS, phone, towel & visor cleaner and even a bottled water and snack! (Posted on 10/9/12)
- Great birthday present. . . If I do say so myself.Review by Toddzilla
I bought these for my wife for her birthday, for her, new to her, F650GS.
What a loving husband, she loves them. . . . . . . maybe I could use them sometime. (Posted on 8/28/12)
- unbeatableReview by gsweave
Ten years, 150,000+ miles, color now = character, beer holding, oil/brake fluid, tool , hydration pack holding, adjusting to any of the seven bikes in the barn.
Bottom line, BEST piece of kit I have ever bought .
I Know these will provide ten more years of outstanding daily service.
weave (Posted on 8/15/12)
- Panniers for Suzuki DL 650Review by Motodoc42
- I added these to my 08 Suzuki DL650 and I'm very pleased. I have the Givi engine guard and they fit just behind it. The Velcro straps work well and allow refueling without a hitch. I also us a magnetic tank bag. The panniers bungee to the front of the Givi guard and a zip tie loop to the frame. I'm 6' tall and there's room for my knees even with knee pads in place. I can see this item will greatly extend the versatility of the V Strom. An unexpected benefit, is added wind and weather protection. (Posted on 8/3/12)
- Fit both placesReview by MSHUSKER
- I bought these panniers for my Triumph Scrambler. They do fit over the tank, however they work fine as saddlebags too. The harness is very adaptable. (Posted on 5/11/12)
- New, but looking goodReview by Kevin
- Bought a set of standard size panniers and left for a 4000 mile trip a few days later. Currently half way thru the trip and I am pleased with the panniers. I carry tools and other maintenance gear in them; a heavy load indeed. They mount easily, stay in place and hold their shape. I think this will be the start of a beautiful relationship. (Posted on 4/19/12)